There are some boats that have been with is for so long and are so popular that they have attained classic status. The Grand Banks 36 Classic is such a boat. She was the first model in the Grand Banks fleet and nearly 1200 have been built.
The early ones were built of mahogany wood and starting mid-year in 1973 they were built of fiberglass. This model is an early fiberglass model – hull number 398. A semi-displacement hull with a long keel, hard chines and a deep forefoot provide the stability that has won the 36 a reputation for seaworthiness unmatched by boats in her class. The interiors are hand crafted teak woodwork and all incorporate the very best in workmanship, hardware and materials. Topside, raised bulwarks provide security to the walk-around decks, and there’s room for a dingy on the aft deck cabintop. Notable features include a functional mast and boom, direct cockpit access from the aft stateroom, and a spacious flybridge.
- Teak decks removed – resurfaced with non-skid fiberglass
- Original fuel tanks removed and replace with new SST tank
- Engine cooling systems rebuilt
- (3) NEW 4D Lifeline AGM batteries
- NEW stove w/oven
- Excellent canvas package including Textilene window coverings
- Electric fresh water heads w/direct discharge (no black water tanks)
- Furuno NavNet radar / GPS plotter